Las Vegas is one of the most famous tourist destinations in the United States. It is one of the places on earth that every vacationer should visit at least once in their lifetime. People living in California should have the opportunity to visit Sin City at least once a year. The city is full of incredible treasures that travelers of all ages and interests would love to explore. From iconic casinos and award-winning restaurants to beautiful hotels and resorts, the city is exciting all around. Las Vegas’ beautiful scenery comes at a price, and it can be hard to get a great trip on a budget. But with a few tricks, visitors can save a lot of money. Visiting Las Vegas on a budget? Here’s how to save money for a trip to Sin City.
Plan an Affordable Trip to Las Vegas
Las Vegas welcome sign
A tip for visiting Las Vegas on a budget is to plan ahead. This not only helps travelers save money, but also gives them peace of mind.
Fly to sin city on a shoestring budget
Getting to Las Vegas is not always a problem as the flights are not that expensive. In fact, flying into the city is one of the most affordable parts of the whole trip, something unusual in other destinations. One of the cheapest airlines to look for affordable flights to the city is Spirit Airlines. It is one of the cheapest airlines and offers very good deals to Sin City.
January, February, April and September are the cheapest months to travel to this bustling city. From places like Oakland, San Francisco, El Paso and Denver, visitors can take advantage of great deals in the city, starting at just $54.
- Best times to fly in Vegas: January, February, April and September
Visitors should compare airlines to see which one suits them best, based on their budget. Book flights at least four weeks before heading to town. Right now, vacationers can find cheaper deals that cost more than 10% less than the average airfare.
Get around Las Vegas on the cheap
Las Vegas Monorail
There are many options for getting around that budget travelers can choose from, depending on how much they are willing to stretch their portfolio. One option to avoid is taxis as they can be expensive, and some drivers may trick tourists into using longer routes to charge for them. Instead of taxis, opt for Uber and Lyft. This avoids the unnecessary expense that is common with taxis.
Public transport is the cheapest way to get around Sin City and allows vacationers to experience the culture and some of its best attractions. The monorail carries passengers every 10 minutes. Tourists opt for the monorail, which offers unlimited rides for just around $13. A single ticket costs $5.
- The cost of the monorail: $13 for unlimited daily rides
- The price of a single ticket: $5
The cheapest form of public transport is the tram, which is free.
Another option is to get around using the double-decker bus, which only costs around $6. You can add $2 and have unlimited access to the bus for the whole day.
- The cost of a trip: $6
- The price of a day pass: $8
- The price of the 3 day pass: $20
Save money on accommodation
Las Vegas Strip, Nevada
Hotels can be quite expensive in Las Vegas, and almost all add a “resort fee” to the total amount. One of the best tips for finding affordable hotels in Las Vegas is to use sites like booking.com And Kayak.com, which has some of the best rates. Some of the cheapest hotels in Las Vegas include:
- Four Queens Hotel & Casino: This hotel has been in existence since 1966 and offers quality accommodation services at reasonable prices. Its amenities are also amazing and include a fitness center, free internet, room service, business center, and restaurant.
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino: Located on the Las Vegas Strip, this is one of the best budget hotels in town. Its amenities include self-parking, business center, outdoor pool, fitness center, and room service, among others.
- ARIA Resort & Casino: Staying at ARIA puts visitors right in the heart of the city, just a 10-minute walk from the Bellagio Conservatory and Botanical Gardens.
Save money on Las Vegas nightlife and activities
Vegas at night
There are ways to cut entertainment costs while enjoying some of Vegas’ best nightlife.
- Vacationers can watch shows and enjoy entertainment for cheap by buying tickets on sites like Vegas.comwho offer them at affordable prices.
- In addition, travelers can enjoy many shows using a tourist pass. This gives travelers over 20 choices for the city’s top attractions.
- Enjoy the First Friday Art Show, which takes place in downtown Las Vegas. During this dynamic event, over 100 local artists showcase their incredible talents on the beautiful streets. It is accompanied by live music, interactive art lessons for children and street performances.
- Lounging by the pool is one of the cheapest things to do in Las Vegas, and some hotels allow their guests to use the pools for free. But some resorts add additional fees. You can get a pool pass, which is actually included in the tourist pass.
- Some of the places to visit for free in Las Vegas include Valley of Fire State Park, Red Rock Canyon, and Lake Mead National Recreation Area.
More Money-Saving Tips When Traveling to Las Vegas
Las Vegas Boulevard
- Avoid traveling to Sin City over the weekend and holidays, as this is when most people visit to take a break from their usual routine. Not planning a trip to Las Vegas during weekends and holidays allows tourists.
- Avoid engaging in gambling. Gambling is a risky game, and one can end up losing all his money.
- Be on the lookout for coupons. Some hotels offer free coupons, which vacationers can use to make their trip to Las Vegas a little affordable.
- Need to reduce the number of times they drink because it can really add a lot of expense to hotel bills.
Visiting Las Vegas on a budget can seem difficult. But if travelers use the tips above, they can have an unforgettable vacation experience on a budget.